Russia attacked Kiev and Odesa with air attacks, causing at least two people to be injured, officials say

Date:



Kyiv
CNN

Russia launched a drone attack in Kiev overnight on Tuesday, with air raid sirens roaring for hours and residents reported that hearing regular explosions caused damage to residents and residential buildings, causing at least two people to be injured.

According to CNN producers, air raid sirens are being blown up as the capital’s local time midnight and air defense systems operate non-stop in the city centre.

Many unmanned aerial vehicles are still reaching the capital, said Kiev Mayor Vitaly Klitschko in the Telegram post. At least two people have been injured in the capital so far, Klitschko added.

Preliminary damages have been reported in Desniansky, Oboronsky and Shevchen Kivsky districts, according to Timur Tokachenko, head of the Kiev city junta.

According to Presidential staff member Andriy Yamak, Russian attacks hit the maternity ward in Odesa’s port city in Odesa, Nangan. Odesa Mayor Hennadi Turkanov said the residential building was also attacked, adding that at least one person was killed based on preliminary reports.

The overnight attack was the biggest drone strike in Ukraine on Monday, following Russia’s biggest drone strike, with Russia firing 479 UAVs in Ukraine in a one-night air attack, surpassing the most drones Moscow launched in one day on its second consecutive weekend.

This is a developing story and will be updated.



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

When will the Trump administration’s Dulles Airport renovation work begin?

President Trump pressured Senator Schumer to rename Penn Station...

Lindsay Clancy, ex-husband’s testimony and nature of mental illness

Massachusetts mother goes on trial for killing her three...

Chili’s announces nationwide restaurant renovations. What you can expect

Server impressed by customer's ketchup portraitWhen Jacqueline Mang realized...

Trey Mullinax says medication led to six-month suspension from PGA Tour

Michael Kim talks about shooting 59 at 3M Open...