Donald Trump Jr. and Bettina Anderson announce engagement at the White House
President Donald Trump attended a White House Christmas reception with his son Donald Trump Jr. and his now-fiancée Bettina Anderson to announce their engagement.
President Donald Trump said he would try to attend his eldest son’s upcoming wedding as the groom’s father, as it will be a private ceremony, but said it was “not a good time” amid the Iran war.
President Trump appears to have confirmed reports that his son Donald Trump Jr. is getting married over the weekend. At an Oval Office event on May 21, the president’s response to a reporter’s question about whether he would be attending “his son’s wedding this weekend” indicated that he was not certain he would attend.
“He wants me to go,” Trump said of his son. “But it’s just a small private thing and I’m going to try to make it work. I was in the middle of it and said, ‘You know this isn’t a good time for me, I have this thing called Iran and all that.'”
Trump added: “This is no way to win against me.” “If you show up, you’ll be killed. If you don’t show up, of course you’ll be killed by the fake news I’m talking about.”
Trump Jr., 48, announced his engagement to socialite Bettina Anderson, 37, during a White House holiday party in December. The two started appearing in public together a year ago. Anderson had a bridal shower last month at Mar-a-Lago, the president’s mansion in Palm Beach.
Page Six reported that Trump Jr. and Anderson will be married on a private island in the Bahamas over the weekend. This is Trump Jr.’s second marriage. He has five children, among them golfer kai trumpwith former model Vanessa Trump. Their marriage ended in 2018.
The president said he has known Mr. Anderson “for a long time.”
“I hope they have a great married life,” he added.
Contributors: Mary Walrath-Holdridge, Kinsey Crowley

