Protests break out in urging us to avoid war in the Middle East

Date:


Americans are taking them to the streets to protest US troops’ involvement in Iran. Protesters hope this week’s numbers will swell.

play

WASHINGTON – Protests against US military involvement in Iran, including some outside the New York and the White House on June 22, are expected to continue throughout the week in communities across the country.

The protest comes shortly after President Donald Trump, who has ordered an attack on three Iranian nuclear facilities. A demonstration is currently underway in Washington, DC, New York and Boston on Sunday, June 22nd, according to a social media post.

“The American people don’t want another eternal war. The American people want money for the needs of the people!”

The protests are partly organized by answers (now to stop the war, act to end racism, to end racism) The coalition, an anti-war group, is calling for Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to stop the war with Iran.

The response is a leftist group that organized protests against the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, with other US military actions, including some who attracted hundreds of thousands of participants. Earlier this year, the organization was part of a coalition of groups across the country for days after Trump took office.

Other protests are planned next week, including a march of the people to “stop the war with Iran” scheduled for June 28th.

Trump administration officials defended the attack on Sunday morning, and President Trump threatened further action.

“If peace doesn’t come soon, we’ll chase those other targets with accuracy, speech and skill,” Trump told the White House on Saturday.

Congress is scheduled to return to Washington this week. Many Republican lawmakers praised Trump’s move.

“President Trump has made it consistently clear that Iran, a nuclear weapon, is unacceptable,” said Chairman Mike Johnson, a Louisiana Republican.

However, some Democrats have denounced Trump’s “unilateral decision” to attack Iran without Congressional approval, calling it illegal.

“The move is a sequel to the withdrawal from nuclear deal, a sequel to the rash of withdrawal from nuclear deals, putting our nation, our military and innocent people at a serious risk,” said Rep. James Clyburn, a South Carolina Democrat, in a statement. This attack contradicts his promise to the Americans. ”

Contributed by: Sarah Wire

###

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

When will the Trump administration’s Dulles Airport renovation work begin?

President Trump pressured Senator Schumer to rename Penn Station...

Lindsay Clancy, ex-husband’s testimony and nature of mental illness

Massachusetts mother goes on trial for killing her three...

Chili’s announces nationwide restaurant renovations. What you can expect

Server impressed by customer's ketchup portraitWhen Jacqueline Mang realized...

Trey Mullinax says medication led to six-month suspension from PGA Tour

Michael Kim talks about shooting 59 at 3M Open...