Immigrant crackdown leads to a chaotic scene when ice adverts are arrested

Date:


play

As President Donald Trump’s crackdown spread, the weekend continued with chaotic scenes from immigrant arrests across the country.

The arrest allegedly wanted an immigrant mother, restaurant workers and criminals.

According to a video shared by local CBS station, immigration authorities stormed a popular San Diego Italian restaurant before Friday’s dinner rush and arrested several kitchen workers.

When heavily armed agents entered the restaurant, local residents yelled at them and filmed the scene. The agents wore tactical gear, including a bulletproof vest that was adorned with the Homeland Security Investigation logo.

“The agents fired a sound grenade, a flash bang grenade at the crowd,” said Pedrorios, director of the U.S. Mexican border program for the Quaker American Friends Service Commission.

Todd Lyons, the US Director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, told Fox News that agents were fulfilling their law enforcement obligations during the attack.

“We should be supported, not called Nazis, not villains,” he said.

The immigrant was arrested at a scheduled hearing

Earlier last week, ice agents were seen arresting immigrants in San Antonio, Texas, shortly after a court immigration hearing.

“Families are targeted at the most vulnerable times and are attending scheduled immigration hearings for what appears to be progressing in their case,” according to a statement from the Immigration Law Resource Center.

The statement links to a video that appears to show ice agents arresting their mother along with their four children in the courthouse.

Another video outside the same court was posted on Friday, May 30 by advocacy group Unidos Podemos, showing an emotional scene of two mothers and a child loaded into a small room in a vehicle equipped to carry prisoners.

The child stood on the bumper, his arms extended. He says in Spanish, “It’s okay, mama, I’m here. It’s okay.”

ICE announces criminal arrests during crackdown

ICE, with a large social media presence, has largely refrained from sharing emotional or confusing arrest videos, instead posting mugshots of migrants who have been arrested with serious criminal history.

The agency has released the recent arrests of a Honduras man facing robbery and sexual fire, a convicted sex offender from El Salvador, a Venezuelan woman convicted of a felony in California and hoping to file other charges in New York.





Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

New poll finds Americans think economy is ‘struggling’ and ‘uncertain’

President Trump says he spoke with President Xi about...

Barbra Streisand’s injury causes star to skip Cannes Film Festival

Jane Fonda shares Barbra Streisand's Oscar-winning tribute to Robert...

Jet crash at air show puts Idaho Air Force Base on lockdown

Mountain Home Air Force Base in southwestern Idaho was...

Collaboration with Audemars Piaget draws huge crowds, Swatch store closes

Swatch launch postponed due to problems caused by crowding...