President Trump suggests it’s time for the press to move on from Nancy Guthrie

Date:

play

As law enforcement continues to search for the missing mother of Today anchor Savannah Guthrie, President Donald Trump is encouraging the media to report on other subjects.

The President commented on the ongoing investigation into Nancy Guthrie’s disappearance. The 84-year-old mother of three was last seen on January 31 at her home in Tucson, Arizona, and the case has garnered national attention.

“Well, it’s really crazy. It’s really bad,” Trump told reporters on February 19 ahead of a speech in Rome, Georgia, about 110 miles northwest of Atlanta. “We’ll have to start reporting on other subjects and see what happens. It’s a very sad situation.”

President Trump also commented on Nancy Guthrie’s pacemaker, and the Pima County Sheriff’s Office announced on February 17 that authorities were working to locate it.. Researchers are working with pacemaker manufacturers and other experts in the field to support these efforts.

“I didn’t like it when they were talking about tracking pacemakers. Before they even start tracking, they come and report it. If they could actually do something like that, that person would say, ‘Well, we’re not going to let that happen.’ Something very bad would happen, and he’s not going to let that happen,” Trump said.

The White House did not clarify what Trump said about Guthrie’s pacemaker.

According to the sheriff’s office, Guthrie’s pacemaker app was disconnected from his cell phone at 2:28 a.m. on February 1, and soon after, the doorbell camera in front of his home was disconnected at 1:47 a.m., and a person was seen on the camera at 2:12 a.m.

Since the disappearance, the family has emphasized that their elderly mother’s health is fragile and that she requires certain medications.

President Trump told the New York Post on February 16 that he wants those responsible for Guthrie’s kidnapping to face the “very harsh, most severe” federal penalties. The newspaper reported that he confirmed that the Justice Department will seek the death penalty.

The FBI described the suspect seen in footage from Guthrie’s front doorbell camera released on February 10 as “a male of average build, approximately 5 feet 9 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall.”

The sheriff’s office said investigators are continuing to analyze biological evidence found at Guthrie’s home after previously announcing that DNA that may belong to Guthrie was found.

The reward for information leading to Guthrie’s whereabouts and the arrest and conviction of those responsible totals more than $200,000, including $100,000 from the FBI and $102,500 from local governments.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Trump bans reporters from White House meeting with governors

Trump's latest move comes after a confrontation with the...

Which Latin American countries will win under President Trump’s tariff ruling?

SCOTUS rules against President Trump's sweeping tariffs in 6-3...

A large tax refund is expected. Early IRS data shows that’s true

Survey finds many Americans are hesitant to pay taxes...

When Hilary Duff and her partner are worried they’ll leave

Watch Hilary Duff's viral moment as she performs a...